About
The foundation of the monastery and its associated church dates back to the year 1450. However, the mid-19th century saw the monastery closed and left to decay. It was only in the eighties of the 20th century that the monastery was shaken awake through a total renovation – and brought back to life at the village center under the supervision of the eminent Swiss architect Luigi Snozzi.
Times, tickets and public-transport route below.
More events in Bellinzona
- Babel 2026 - Languages for Possible Worlds· Bellinzona · Free
- Babel 2026 - Literature and Translation Festival· Bellinzona · Free
- French translation workshop· Bellinzona · Free
- English translation workshop· Bellinzona · Free
- German translation workshop· Bellinzona · Free
- Arabic translation workshop· Bellinzona · Free

